LA PAZ to MAZATLAN & LIST (by ferry)
Lat:00o00´S/00o00´W ha topography msl
Best Time for visit (15th October, 2004)
Birding Site Guide
A few sea birds can be seen when crossing the Gulf of California by ferry. I even found a Least Storm-Petrel on deck. 13 species including 4 lifers.
- Pink-footed Shearwater Puffinus creatopus Vulnerable
- Black-vented Shearwater Puffinus opisthomelas Breeding endemic Vulnerable
- Least Storm-Petrel Oceanodroma microsoma
- Brown Pelican Pelecanus occidentalis
- Blue-footed Booby Sula nebouxii
- Brown Booby Sula leucogaster
- Double-crested Cormorant Phalacrocorax auritus
- Magnificent Frigatebird Fregata magnificens
- Pomarine Jaeger Stercorarius pomarinus
- Heermann's Gull Larus heermanni Near-threatened
- Elegant Tern Sterna elegans Near-threatened
- Mourning Dove Zenaida macroura
- Northern Rough-winged Swallow Stelgidopteryx serripennis
A total of -- species of mammals.
There are -- recorded species of amphibians and reptiles.
Author: Charles Hesse