SANTIAGO & LIST
Lat:00o00´S/00o00´W ha topography msl
Best Time for visit (3rd May, 2005)
Birding Site Guide
Parks around town and the river have a few common birds. The park below the statue of 'La Virgen' had Californian Quail. I saw 11 species.
- Mountain Caracara Phalcoboenus megalopterus Seen on ride from Santiago to Mendoza
- Chimango Caracara Milvago chimango
- California Quail Callipepla californica Introduced species
- Kelp Gull Larus dominicanus
- Rock Dove Columba livia Introduced species
- Eared Dove Zenaida auriculata
- House Wren Troglodytes aedon
- Austral Thrush Turdus falcklandii
- Rufous-collared Sparrow Zonotrichia capensis
- Austral Blackbird Curaeus curaeus
- House Sparrow Passer domesticus Introduced species
A total of -- species of mammals.
There are -- recorded species of amphibians and reptiles.
Author: Charles Hesse